Rosemary Freitas Williams, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Military Community and Family Policy
Deciding who has the unwanted chore of doing taxes sometimes happens through bargaining, bribery or low-tech childhood games. Relax – Military OneSource just made your tax-filing chore simple and easier, with no-cost professional tax help tailored to you, including military-specific tax breaks, deductions and reporting, such as:
- Income — including combat pay, spouse’s pay, civilian job pay, basic allowance for subsistence, basic allowance for housing and more
- Expenses — uniforms, moving and traveling expenses, if eligible
- Residence — your state of residence and file up to three state returns
- Refund — all possible deductions for your biggest tax refund
- Audit — guaranteed one-on-one audit guidance from trained tax professionals
In today’s tech-savvy climate, electronic filing just makes sense. Military OneSource takes the stress out of filing with their no-cost, secure online tax preparation and filing service. Other benefits of the no-cost electronic filing service include:
- File anytime, anywhere — you don’t need an appointment or live in a particular time zone
- Fill out the information at your speed — you can save your return and complete it later
- Find expert help — with a click of a mouse through live chat or by phone, around the clock
- Save your money — Military OneSource provides the tax service at no cost to you
- Have no fear — your calculations are backed by a 100 percent accuracy guarantee.
- Confidentiality – private, secure and safe (my personal favorite as my questions only reveal how much I have to learn about taxes)
Here’s who is eligible:
- Active-duty service members
- National Guard members or members of the reserve (regardless of activation status)
- Activated Coast Guard Reserve (as part of the Department of the Navy under Title 10)
- Military retirees (including medically retired individuals). Honorably discharged service members (including general under honorable conditions) until 180 days past retirement date, end of tour of service or discharge date
- Spouses or dependent children of eligible service members or those who are authorized in the Defense Enrollment and Eligibility Reporting System, also known as DEERS
- Family members taking care of the affairs of an eligible deployed service member Severely injured service members or the designated family member handling his or her own affairs
- Survivors of active-duty, Guard or reserve, regardless of conflict or activation status
- Deployed Department of Defense civilian expeditionary employees (as defined by the Department of Defense Directive 1404.10) 90 days prior to deployment and 180 days post deployment
Still not sure if you are eligible? Help is standing by with our Military OneSource trained consultants. Just call 800-342-9647.
SO there you have it, save your money and make your life easier. Start your return today using the Military OneSource tax preparation and filing software available at no cost to eligible service and family members. Prepare early, file at your convenience and seek the advice of trained Military OneSource tax consultants to get the largest refund you are eligible to receive. And don’t forget, financial counseling is available year ‘round. Get started now at Military OneSource. The discussion about managing your money continues on social media with #YourMilMoney.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD website.
Check out these other posts: