Shannon Janelle, wife of Staff Sgt. Jeffrey Janelle, an instructor assigned to the Nellis Air Force Base First Term Airman Center, carries water to a donation site in downtown Las Vegas. Shannon teamed with more than 30 spouses, friends and families to collect donated items following the recent mass shooting in Las Vegas. U.S. Air Force photo by Senior Airman Kevin Tanenbaum
From the military services and around the DoD, here’s your SITREP for Thursday, October 12, 2017.
- Move over, Navy? Army Mariners are training for lethality on the open ocean.
- The Navy remembers the fallen heroes of the USS Cole.
- The Coast Guard started the Hurricane Lessons Learned crowdsourcing mission to collect the wealth of knowledge gained during its recent hurricane response efforts.
- For the first time, U.S. Marine amphibious assault vehicles embarked and launched on a Philippine Navy sea lift vessel off the coast of Luzon to expand both militaries’ operational support capabilities.
- Nellis Air Force Base spouses are combining efforts to provide for the needs of community volunteers, displaced family members and hospital staff in the wake of the recent mass shooting in Las Vegas.
Follow the Department of Defense on Facebook and Twitter!
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.
Check out these other posts:
Read the article: