U.S. Marine Corps screenshot
From the military services and around the DoD, here’s your SITREP for Thursday, October 26, 2017.
- One of the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command/Army Forces Strategic Command’s newest prototypes is Kestrel Eye, a small, low-cost, visible-imagery satellite designed to provide near real-time images to the tactical-level ground soldier, was activated this week.
- The aircraft carrier USS Nimitz arrived in the U.S. 7th Fleet area of operations Oct. 25, after concluding operations in U.S. 5th Fleet.
- Watch as Marines launch a rocket from a High Mobility Artillery Rocket System off the USS Anchorage during Exercise Dawn Blitz.
- U.S. Transportation Command is the first Defense Department organization to initiate migration of its cyber domain to a commercial cloud provider to improve mission assurance, while strengthening information technology efficiency and effectiveness.
- The Military Health System wants to help parents understand the importance and efficacy of the HPV vaccine.
Follow the Department of Defense on Facebook and Twitter!
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are povided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.
Check out these other posts:
Link to article –