For many of us, January is a time to consider taking on new goals for the New Year. Of course, each new goal brings more challenges into our already busy lives. Still, we press forward, not because it is easy, but because we want a better life for ourselves and our families.
Need a little assistance with reaching your goals? Military OneSource offers some amazing, no cost resources to help turn your New Year’s goals into New Year’s realities. Military OneSource’s trained professionals can provide assistance with a variety of issues, like personal finances, parenting concerns and stress management, just to name a few.
Whatever your goal, a Military OneSource consultant, health and wellness coach or confidential, non-medical counselor can put you on the path to getting there.
- Confidential, non-medical counseling – These sessions, offered online, by telephone, or face-to-face, address issues such as improving relationships at home and work, stress management, financial issues, adjustment difficulties (like returning from a deployment), marital problems, parenting and grief or loss. Our counselors can help you reach that goal of better managing your stress in 2014.
- Specialty Consultations – If you are looking for something more specific, then take advantage of telephonic or online sessions with trained consultants on these specialty topics:
- Adoption – Our consultants have specialized training and experience with adoption issues and can help you resolve all of your questions and concerns regarding the adoption process.
- Education – Our experts can help you deal with topics such as college admissions, financial aid applications, tutoring and more.
- Health and Wellness Coaching Program – These trained counselors focus on weight management, fitness and nutrition, health condition management, stress management and life transitions, like adapting to big changes such as deployment, moving, becoming a new parent or retirement.
- Special needs – Our specialists offer non-medical assistance, information and referrals for issues related to your family member with special needs.
- Wounded warrior – Our expert consultants provide immediate assistance to wounded warriors and their families with issues related to health care, facilities or benefits.
- Other Services and Counseling include (but are not limited to: )
- Comprehensive education and career counseling services are available at no cost to all eligible military spouses through the Spouse Education and Career Opportunities Career Center (SECO). Spouses can contact the SECO Career Center for personalized assistance with their education and career goals.
- Counseling on financial issues such as basic budgeting, money management, debt consolidation is available.
- Through its document translation services, Military OneSource provides translation of many legal documents such as leases, marriage licenses, adoption paperwork, and school transcripts for service members and their families.
So go ahead and make that New Year’s resolution, then make a quick call to Military OneSource at 800-342-9647. We’ll connect you with all the resources you need to turn your goals for 2014 into reality.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD website.
Check out these other posts: